Sunday, December 22, 2019

Summing up my 2019

I am definitely not the only person on this planet to feel that 2019 has been a taxing year, filled with growing pains that, in hindsight, I am grateful for. Here are my takeaways from this year:

  1. Happiness is my ultimate goal and I am responsible for it.
  2. If I want it, I can create it- it’s as simple as that.
  3. I don’t learn from achieving a goal, I learn from the process involved in achieving that goal i.e. it’s the process that matters
  4. I am a self-aware and confident individual. I am well aware of my strengths and I am mindful of my weaknesses. My weaknesses are a reminder that I am not perfect. And that I am a perpetual work in progress.
    Self-awareness makes me realize that neither am I better than anyone, nor is anyone better than me.
  5. I am committed to learning and building my mind. My curiosity is my strength.
  6. I know what I want and I am consistently working towards it. However, at the same time, I give into the uncertainty as it is a part of life. When I give into the uncertainty, I give in because I understand that my future/the sum of my present, is out of my control. That said, what I have is the present moment. This brings me back to point number 4. I should focus on the process (which is in the present) and not on the result (which is in the future and which is out of my control).
  7. Procrastination is my worst enemy even though I find myself here quite often. Consistency is my best friend. What I am consistent with will grow, what I am not consistent with, in simple words, will stagnate.
  8. Picking up a spiritual practice was the best thing that I did in 2019. First and foremost, it made me value myself. In addition to this, it gave me perspective, it gave me understanding and it gave me self-awareness. It made me realize that my external environment is a reflection of my internal environment. I will attract whatever and however I feel and am on the inside. This thought pushed me to commit myself to become better, if not the best, personally and professionally.
  9. I realized that eternal friendships are built on mutual effort. Those who reciprocate should be cherished. Those who don’t reciprocate should be politely kept out of my life. I devote my time to those who value it and vice versa.
  10. Last but not the least, patience is key, patience is a virtue. I understood that everything takes its own sweet time and impatience will not make its entrance into my life quicker. “The process, Aishwarya! Focus”.

I will keep adding to this, until the year ends. What were your takeaways from 2019? I'd love to know. Let's talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! x